Vue 3 Project Setup With Vue CLI 4
In this post, we are going to setup our Vue 3 project with Vue CLI 4. Let’s get started.
Just a heads up. Vue CLI 4 requires Node.js version 8.9 or above. Make sure to install it on your system.
First step, installing Vue CLI 4
Use the command below to install Vue CLI 4 globally.
npm install -g @vue/cli
Second step, creating our first Vue project
Let’s create our first project.
vue create first-project
Third step, selecting our project configuration
- Select Manually select features preset
- Deselect Linter / Formatter option ( you can use spacebar to deselect it )
- Choose Vue 3.x as a version
- Select your config to place in In dedicated config files
- For the last step, select No and continue.
Last step, serving our project locally
After the project setup is completed, let’s preview our Vue 3 app locally.
Go to your project folder.
Run the development server
npm run serve
Now, our app is live on 8080 port.
#vue-3-project-setup #vue-3 #vue-cli-4 #vuejs